Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Advice for Beginners

There is so much I need to post about. I've tackled 3 of the 6 patterns I posted about recently and I need to ask for your help and opinion on one of them, but in the same time frame, the memory card on my camera crapped-out, I've started the candida diet (anyone who has done this knows how traumatic it can be), been given a diagnosis of thyroiditis and had to deal with some stress at work (put your hands in the air if you've ever wished for pregnancy so you could get a year off of work). None of these things alone is really that dramatic, but together, they've really sent me off track.

In the next week, I'm going to attempt to put myself back on track—get a new memory card and take some pics so I can get caught up. As a final thought for the day, I leave you with this:

As someone who keeps fairly close tabs on what the online sewing community is up to, I've come across this question a number of times and never had the perfect answer:

"What advice would you give to a sewing novice?"

Tonight, after sewing my sleeve into my bodice inside-out and backwards, my answer is this:

"Know when to quit and go to bed."

Good night y'all.


4 comments:

  1. That advise is good for all. Sometimes just lining up and planning for the next session is more productive than actually putting needle to fabric. It's also soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that's probably the best piece of advice for beginners. Or, you know, for those of us who have been sewing for decades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely the best advice ever! It takes a while to know when to stop! (been there, done that!)

    ReplyDelete